2022 GMC Sierra HD
SIERRA HD TRIMS
Engineered to be large and in charge, the monstrous exterior of the Sierra Heavy Duty was built big so you can tow big.
HEAVY DUTY HIGHLIGHTS
SIDE BED STEP
The standard Side Bed Step conveniently located just in front of the rear wheel arches complements the large CornerStep rear bumper to help provide easy access when grabbing equipment from the cargo bed.
DUAL PATH AIR INDUCTION SYSTEM
The available 6.6L Duramax® Turbo-Diesel engine includes the Dual Path Air Induction System, which draws dense, cool air through both the hood scoop and the large front grille to provide cooler induction air temperatures to maximize horsepower and help optimize trailering performance.
The Sierra AT4 pairs its powerful capabilities with a bold, athletic look, delivered by way of distinctive finishes and modern, precise detailing.
DENALI BLACK DIAMOND EDITION
- Power sunroof
- Power-retractable assist steps with LED perimeter lighting
- 6.6L Duramax® Turbo-Diesel V8 with Allison® 10-speed automatic transmission
- Auxiliary Trailer Camera
- MultiPro Audio System by Kicker®
- Premium all-weather floor liners with removable carpet inserts
- Trailer Tire Pressure Monitor Sensors
- Unique 20" high-gloss black painted aluminum wheels
- Ebony Twilight Metallic exterior paint
- Available with 2500 and 3500 single rear wheel
AVAILABLE GMC MULTIPRO TAILGATE
The GMC MultiPro Tailgate offers six distinct functions designed to help improve loading, unloading, and accessing the cargo box (standard on SLE, SLT, AT4, and Denali trims).
PRIMARY GATE LOAD STOP
With the primary gate open, the load stop can help prevent items from sliding out of the bed.
The inner gate folds down for easy access when loading and unloading the bed.
After removing the conventional hitch, the inner gate folds into a large step for easy entry and exit from the bed (step holds up to 170 KG [375 lb.]).
INNER GATE LOAD STOP
The inner gate also includes a load stop to help prevent second-tier items from sliding out of the bed.
INNER GATE WITH WORK SURFACE
The opened inner gate provides a work surface as well as second-tier loading.
CARGO BED INNOVATIONS
BEST-IN-CLASS HEAVY DUTY CARGO BED VOLUME
- Roll-formed high-strength steel bed floor
- Best-in-class heavy-duty cargo box volume
- Standard Bed: 1,970 L (69.6 cu. ft.)
- Long Bed: 2,364 L (83.5 cu. ft.)
- 12 cargo tie-downs 227 KG (500 lb.) rating per corner
- Available LED lighting
- Available durable spray-on bedliner
CORNERSTEP REAR BUMPER
In both corners of the rear bumper, large footwells, lined with an anti-slip texture and sized for large boots, helps make access to the cargo bed easier than ever. Standard on all Heavy-Duty models.
INTERIOR WITH INTENTION.
Sierra Heavy Duty's refined and expansive cabin offers advanced, thoughtfully placed technology to help ensure your ride is smooth and smart.
HEAVY DUTY HIGHLIGHTS
- Available leather-wrapped heated steering wheel
- Available heated and ventilated leather-appointed front seats
- Available HVAC system with dual-zone climate control and rear-seat outlets
- Sierra HD's elevated driver seat lets you survey the road with absolute confidence and offers comfortable cushions that provide enhanced support during long hauls and while towing
- Spacious interior features best-in-class Crew Cab front head room (1,092 mm [43.0"]) and leg room (1,130 mm [44.5"])
PREMIUM REAR SEAT COMFORT
Backseat passengers are sure to be comfortable with the available heated rear outboard seats and spacious rear leg room on Crew Cab models.
EYE-CATCHING INTERIOR OPTIONS
ENGINEERED TO DOMINATE.
The 2022 Sierra Heavy Duty pickup truck offer up to 16,329 KG (36,000 LB.) of available max. towing. It's built strong so you can tow strong. Its large drive shaft and rear axle will give you durability and strength. And its brakes and steering offer excellent control.
ADVANCED ENGINES & TRANSMISSIONS
The 2022 Sierra Heavy Duty truck features advanced engines and transmissions that power a confident driving and trailering experience:
- 6.6L V8 Gas Engine
- Available 6.6L Duramax® Turbo-Diesel V8 Engine with Allison® 10-Speed Automatic Transmission
AT4 & DENALI'S HEAVY DUTY CAPABILITY
- AT4 & Denali's independent front suspensions provide excellent wheel alignment, ride comfort, and turnability
- Live-axle suspension includes two-stage, semielliptic multileaf rear springs to balance payload management and ride quality
OPTIMAL ENGINE PERFORMANCE
To help maintain optimal operating temperatures of the available 6.6L Duramax® Turbo Diesel v8 engine, a massive 28" variable-speed cooling fan is used. Dense, cool air from the Dual Path Air Induction System is drawn through both the hood scoop and the large grille to maximize horsepower and help optimize trailering performance. The factory-installed Diesel After-Run feature is designed to help cool down the engine following heavy usage.
STOPPING & GOING POWER
AVAILABLE AUTO ELECTRIC PARKING BRAKE ASSIST
T o help with positioning, after backing up to a trailer hitch using available Hitch Guidance with Hitch View, Sierra Heavy Duty will automatically apply the electric parking brake upon shifting into park to avoid unintentional rolling.
PARK GRADE HOLD ASSIST
Prevents movement when shifting out of park on a hill and moving a foot from brake to accelerator pedal by automatically applying brakes at each wheel for an extended period of time while trailering.
AVAILABLE DIGITAL VARIABLE STEERING ASSIST
Eases driver's steering effort when manoeuvering at low speeds, reduces the steering effort needed to return the heavy-duty truck to centre, and adapts to crowned road surfaces, reducing the need to correct steering over long stretches of uneven road. It includes enhancements to help with driving response, especially when trailering or when carrying a heavy load.
AVAILABLE 2-SPEED AUTOTRAC TRANSFER CASE
Sierra is the first heavy-duty truck in its class to offer a 2-speed AutoTrac transfer case with an active automatic 4WD setting, which provides seamless shifting between two- and four-wheel drive based on road conditions.
AVAILABLE TRACTION SELECT SYSTEM WITH TOW/HAUL MODE AND OFF-ROAD MODE
- Allows you to quickly switch between multiple traction configurations, including Off-Road mode and Tow/Haul mode, to optimize powertrain calibrations, traction control settings, and stability control system calibrations for a variety of terrain and driving conditions
- The system will retain the Tow/Haul setting configurations for up to 4 hours after the vehicle is turned off, eliminating the need to reengage the system when returning from a brief stop on a long journey
X31 OFF ROAD PACKAGE
- Off-road suspension
- Twin-Tube Rancho® shocks
- Eaton® automatic locking rear differential
- Underbody skid plates
GOOSENECK/5TH WHEEL HITCH PACKAGE
- Hitch platform to accept gooseneck or fifth-wheel hitch
- Hitch platform with tray to accept ball and stamped bed holes with removable caps installed
- Bed-mounted 7-pin trailer harness
- Available Bed View Camera
TECHNOLOGY & SAFETY
INNOVATION AT ITS FINEST.
Technology that delivers a premium driving experience with advanced connectivity and convenience in this Heavy Duty truck.
UP TO 15 AVAILABLE CAMERA VIEWS
Easily keep tabs on your truck and trailer with up to 15 different available camera views including HD Surround Vision, Rear Camera Mirror, and Bed View Camera.
AVAILABLE REAR CAMERA MIRROR
The available Rear Camera Mirror uses a camera to provide you a wide and less obstructed view behind the vehicle while you're driving. You can switch between the camera view and a traditional rearview mirror.
AVAILABLE FIRST-IN-CLASS 15" DIAGONAL HEAD-UP DISPLAY
An available multicolour 15" diagonal Head-Up Display (a first in the heavy-duty pickup class), helps you keep your eyes on the road by projecting directly onto the windshield key information, such as:
- Available Navigation
- Forward Collision Alert
- Lane Departure Warning
- Cruise Control
- Low Fuel
- Off-road inclinometer that measures fore-and-aft tilt, front tire angle, and left-and-right tilt
AVAILABLE HD SURROUND VISION
Available HD Surround Vision uses multiple cameras to display a digital overhead image of the area around your vehicle along with Rear Vision Camera or front views. It works at low speeds and may help you park and avoid nearby objects. You can select additional views on your camera display.
PROGRADE TRAILERING SYSTEM
The Sierra Heavy Duty pickup truck is engineered to enhance your trailering experience with the ProGrade Trailering System. This system of intelligent trailering technologies helps streamline the hitching and towing process with integrated tools that help you tow with commanding control.
AVAILABLE IN-VEHICLE TRAILERING APP
To help improve your trailering experience, Sierra Heavy Duty's available In-Vehicle Trailering App offers custom trailer profiles, trailer status including available tire pressure and temperature monitoring, and more. The app is integrated and accessible through Sierra's Infotainment System, with features including:
- Create 5 custom trailer profiles based on trailer name, trailer type, trailer hitch type
- The vehicle mobile app, myGMC® mobile app adding convenience when outside the truck or trailer
- Trailer tire pressure monitoring system that measures pressure and temperature (requires available Trailer Pressure Monitor Sensors)
- Trailer Light Sequence, which includes automatic lighting test sequence
- Maintenance reminders
- Step-by-step pre-departure checklists
- Track trailer mileage and fuel economy
MYGMC MOBILE APP TRAILERING FEATURES
myGMC® mobile app Trailering Features include:
- Create and manage trailer profiles, even hare with other Sierra owners
- Trailer Light Test: Remotely activate trailer lights to ensure in working order
- Pre-Departure Checklist: Review a pre-departure checklist, or create your own
- Load Calculator: Find out the comibned weight of your truck and trailer for confident towing experience
- Trailering Health: View and receive alerts on key components of your trailer like tire pressure monitoring and trailer kilometers
- Glossary of Terms: Quick reference to trailering related materials
SMART TRAILER INTEGRATION
Sierra Heavy Duty is designed to integrate ASA Electronics iN-Command® Control System with Global Connect and accessed through the myGMC® mobile app. The system allows owners to monitor and control a range of smart systems, such as water tank levels, HVAC controls, and even power slide-outs, in compatible recreational trailers equipped with the technology.
AVAILABLE JACKKNIFE ALERT
- Tracks the position of the compatible trailer in relation to the vehicle and if the front of the trailer approaches the rear of the vehicle, an alert is displayed that you're in a potential jackknife situation
- A yellow warning alert will be displayed when truck/trailer angle is 75% into a jackknife scenario
- A red warning alert will be displayed when truck/trailer angle is 90% into a jackknife scenario (i.e., collision is imminent)
- Depending on customer settings for alerts and Safety Alert Seat availability, there will be a chime or haptic alerts associated with warnings
AVAILABLE BED VIEW WITH ZOOM AND HITCH GUIDANCE WITH HITCH VIEW
- Provides a close-up view of the receiver hitch for proper alignment when connecting to a compatible trailer with a conventional hitch
- The parking brake is automatically set when the vehicle is shifted back into Park to help hold the alignment in place
AVAILABLE REAR TRAILER VIEW
- Uses an available customer-installed GM auxiliary accessory camera mounted on the rear of the compatible trailer to show vehicles or objects behind the trailer
- The view now includes guidelines to assist when backing the trailer into place and a trailer-angle indicator to show the relationship between the truck and trailer
AVAILABLE FORWARD AND REVERSE REAR SIDE VIEW BIAS
- Provides a line of sight down either side of the truck. When a compatible trailer is connected, you'll see a split view of the left and right sides of the truck and trailer
- While driving forward or backward with a trailer, the view automatically biases based on the trailer's angle
- When enabled and driving forward with the turn signal activated, a Trailer Length Indicator displays a red overlay twice the length of the compatible trailer, showing when other vehicles are present and may interfere with your lane-change manoeuvre
MULTIPRO AUDIO SYSTEM BY KICKER®
When you're camping or tailgating and want to bring your music outdoors - without leaving your Sierra truck running - the available accessory MultiPro Audio System by Kicker® is designed to integrate into the MultiPro Tailgate. This 100-watt exterior audio system has full Bluetooth®.
AVAILABLE SIRIUSXM® 360L
SiriusXM® with 360L is the most advanced SiriusXM® entertainment experience ever offered in a GM vehicle. You get a variety of premium content including over 140 channels including ad-free music, plus sports, performances, talk, entertainment, original programming, artist-dedicated channels, and much more.
AVAILABLE ALEXA BUILT-IN
Connect to available Alexa Built-In for instant, hands-free access to music, directions, calls, news, weather, and more.
With Apple CarPlay® compatibility you have wired or available wireless access to iPhone features such as hands-free phone calls and messaging, Apple Music, Apple Maps, and more.
Android Auto gives your compatible smartphone on-the-go access to Android features such as Google Maps, Google Play Music, and more via wired or available Wireless Phone Projection.
ADVANCED SAFETY AND DRIVER ASSISTANCE TECHNOLOGY
Enhance your awareness of the road and surrounding vehicles with Sierra HD's available intelligent safety technologies.
Safety or driver-assistance features are no substitute for the driver's responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner. The driver should remain attentive to traffic, surroundings, and road conditions at all times. Visibility, weather, and road conditions may affect feature performance. Read the vehicle Owner's Manual for more important limitations and information.
AVAILABLE LANE DEPARTURE WARNING
The available Lane Departure Warning can alert you if you might be unintentionally drifting out of detected lane lines so you can quickly take action. It will not alert you if you're using your turn signal or it detects you may be intentionally leaving your lane.
AVAILABLE FRONT AND REAR PARK ASSIST
Front and Rear Park Assist can provide distance alerts to nearby detected objects in front of or behind your vehicle to help you park and avoid collisions at low speeds.
ADVANCED SAFETY ALERTS
AVAILABLE AUTOMATIC EMERGENCY BRAKING
The available Automatic Emergency Braking works with Forward Collision Alert to help you avoid or reduce the severity of a front-end collision with a detected vehicle you're following. This feature works at speeds below 80 km/h. Camera technology is used to automatically provide hard emergency braking or enhance the driver's hard braking.
AVAILABLE REAR CROSS TRAFFIC ALERT
The available Rear Cross Traffic Alert can warn you of detected left or right cross traffic behind your vehicle when you're in Reverse.
AVAILABLE LANE CHANGE ALERT WITH SIDE BLIND ZONE ALERT
The available Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert can provide side-mirror visual alerts when a detected moving vehicle is quickly approaching or is in your side blind zone. It can help you avoid lane change collisions.
AVAILABLE FOLLOWING DISTANCE INDICATOR
The available Following Distance Indicator displays the gap time in seconds between your vehicle and a detected vehicle you're following. This can help you decide if you're following much too closely.
AVAILABLE FORWARD COLLISION ALERT
The available Forward Collision Alert can warn you if it detects a potential front-end collision with a vehicle you're following so you can quickly take action. It can also provide a tailgating alert if you're following a vehicle much too closely.
AVAILABLE SAFETY ALERT SEAT
The available Safety Alert Seat uses left, right, or both-side driver seat vibration pulses to help you identify the direction of potential crashes so you can quickly take action. You can also switch to beeping crash avoidance alerts.
AVAILABLE INTELLIBEAM - AUTO HIGH BEAMS
When driving conditions are dark, available IntelliBeam® - Auto High Beams can automatically turn the vehicle's high-beam headlamps on and off according to surrounding traffic conditions.
Teen Driver helps encourage safe driving habits for new drivers. It automatically activates certain available safety systems and allows parents to set limits on other features. There is even an in-vehicle report card that parents can access to help with coaching their teen driver.